You must be registered for GST to claim GST credits.
You can maintain a credit for any GST included in the price you pay for things that you use in your business. This is called a GST credit (or input-tax credit, a credit for the tax included in the price of your business inputs).
You claim GST credits in your activity statement.
You can claim GST credits if the following four conditions apply:
- you aim to use your purchase solely or partly in carrying on your business and the purchase does not communicate to making input-taxed supplies
- the purchase price included GST
- you provide, or are liable to provide, payment for the item you purchased
- You have a tax invoice from your supplier (for purchases more than $82.50).
You cannot claim a GST credit:
- without a valid tax invoice
- for purchases that do not have GST in the price
- for wages you pay to staff (there is no GST on wages)
- For motor vehicles priced above a certain limit.
Goods and services that don’t have GST in their price include:
- GST-free items (such as basic foods)
- Input-taxed items (such as bank fees and loan interest)
- Purchases from a business that is not registered for GST (and therefore cannot charge GST).
When you can’t claim GST credit
You also cannot maintain GST credits for the following, even if GST is included in the price:
- purchases you intend to use for private or domestic purposes
- purchases you intend to use to make input-taxed supplies, such as those associated with providing residential accommodation
- some purchases that you can’t claim as an income tax deduction, such as entertainment expenses
- Land purchases under the margin scheme.
For more information on myTax 2018, myGov 2018, Online Tax Return 2018 , or any other related matterplease contact us at 1300 768 284 or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
GET FREE Tax Refund estimate and Option of getting refund in 1 Hour, prior year Tax returns are also available, Just fill in your basic details on our website at www.taxrefundonspot.com.au or by emailing us on email@example.com we will check your employment history from ATO records, personal visit available at tax refund on spot.
We also have our separate department for Home loan, refinancing, car & truck loan.