Unclaimed Superannuation

Keeping track of your super

Your super is your savings for retirement. It’s important to be aware how much is being contributed, what super accounts you have and what insurance they provide.

If you’ve ever changed your name, address or job, you may have lost track of some of your super. Having several super accounts could mean that multiple fees and charges are reducing your overall super investment.

Check your super

You can check, consolidate, find lost super and keep track of your super online by creating or logging in to your myGovExternal Link account.

You can also check your super via the ATO app or by calling our self-help phone service, available 24 hours a day on 13 28 65.

Working overseas

If you take up an Australian employer’s offer to temporarily work overseas, your employer must continue to pay super contributions for you in Australia.

Neither you nor your employer will have to pay super (or a super equivalent) in the other country if:

Unclaimed super

Twice a year, you report and pay to us:

  • unclaimed super of members aged 65 years or older, non-member spouses and deceased members
  • unclaimed super of former temporary residents
  • small lost member accounts and insoluble lost member accounts.

We use this information to update the unclaimed super money register (viewable in ATO online services) through which these amounts can be claimed.

For more information on myTax 2019, online tax return 2019, myGov 2019, Tax Return 2019 , or any other tax related matter, please call our professional accountant on 1300 768 284 . For more information please contact us at 1300768284 or you can email us atenquiry@taxrefundonspot.com.au

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *