TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR OUR SERVICES
|Terms||Definitions / Meaning|
|We/ us/ our||Tax Refund on Spot (ABN: 49 124 038 946)|
|ATO||Australian Taxation Office|
|ATO Portal||Means Tax Agent portal by which your Tax information can be checked from ATO|
|CSA||Child Support Agency|
|Centre link||Department of Human Services.|
- Using your Information:
- User Information – Once taxpayer fills the required information on our website, you are authorizing us (Tax Refund on Spot, Tax Agent no 78339009) to access your records from Tax Agent Portal. Various methods to provide us this information are – Filling form on our website, our Mobile Apps, email, over the phone & personal visit. Our websites are www.taxrefundonspot.com.au AND www.etaxcashtoday.com.au.
- Tax Payer personal information will be used for checking your tax records and income for all the years. As Tax agent, we have legal obligation to check Tax records of taxpayer and ensure that all income is entered in taxpayer income tax return. Client current and past year history will be checked with ATO records and taxation advice will be given accordingly
- Taxpayer will be contacted via phone/email/SMS about their tax records, questions will be asked about income/ expenses and FREE refund estimate will be provided (simple tax returns) by a professional tax accountant. Taxpayer will be provided option of 1 Hour refund (if eligible). Eligibility and amount of On Spot refund is decided on case to case basis. This will be sole discretion of our management and we have right to refuse one-hour refund. If we found that client is providing wrong taxation information, then we can refuse to serve the client.
- Your personal information will be protected as per Privacy Act and will not be shared by us. It will only be provided to Tax office and other government agencies (when requested). We are legally bound to protect your personal information.
- Your email address is used only to send tax related information that you have requested and as necessary to complete a transaction or application. You have full right to receive, or not to receive your marketing material or newsletter. In case you don’t want to receive, then you can simply unsubscribe from our marketing material or newsletter emails.
- Declaration by Taxpayer for lodgment of Income tax returns:
- You declare that you will provide correct and complete details of income including income from Salary, Capital gains, Government allowances and pension, interest, dividend & royalty income, Business & foreign Income etc. Taxpayer declares that before giving authority for lodgment with ATO, Tax Refund On Spot have explained various provisions of Income Tax Act regarding income and expenses which are applicable to Taxpayer. Taxpayer also understands that Tax laws provide heavy penalties/prosecution for false or misleading statements in the tax return.
- You declare that you have the necessary receipts/ records for the deductions/rebates claimed in these tax return(s). You understand that it is your duty to keep the evidence of income/deductions for minimum of next 5 years. Australian Taxation Office may impose penalty/prosecution if you are unable to provide any receipts or if the tax return is incorrect/misleading. You have understood that to obtain benefit of “safe harbour” protection, you must provide you with “all relevant taxation information” to enable accurate statements to be provided to ATO. For work related expenses, you understand that you need to have written evidence if total work related claims is more than $300. All income/deductions/rebates included in tax return are based on your specific instruction and that you satisfy relevant taxation requirements.
- You discharge staff of Tax Refund On Spot from any responsibility and liability arising on account of any decision of audit, other investigation in respect of any income omitted to be included, or any excess claim made in the tax return.
- In case fees is not paid upfront and fees is to be deducted from the tax refund, then you authorize your tax refund to be transferred to Tax Agent Trust Account and you understand that you will be paid Tax refund after Tax Refund on Spot will deduct their fees and advance paid (if any). Tax refund will be deposited in your Bank account as eft/chq (once ATO releases your tax refund in our trust account). Eft/chq takes 2-3 days to clear and funds will be available in 2-3 days.
- Tax Refund on Spot is a Registered Tax Agent (Tax Agent no 78339009) and is authorized by Australian Tax Office to lodge the tax returns. For lodgment of your income tax return, you understand that there is no need to visit the office of Accountant and you can authorize us to lodge your tax return via Fax/SMS/Email.
- Procedure for Tax Refund On Spot (1 Hour Tax Refund):
- You understand that Tax Agent needs to do additional work to process 1 Hour Tax Refund. These are verification of Income Tax debt & GST Debt with Tax Office. These verifications are important to verify the entitlement for Tax refund. Any of above debts may reduce your actual income tax refund. You fully understand that despite all these verification, actual refund by Tax Office may be reduced due to some undisclosed debts to Australian Government. You understand that even after assessments of debts, we do NOT guarantee and we CAN NOT confirm your debts with any of Government agencies – Tax Office, Centre link and CSA. Any government agency may take part/whole of your income tax refund and we are not responsible for that. Our internal assessment is ONLY for checking your eligibility of 1 Hour refund and nothing else.
- After the above checks, Tax Agent has full discretion to decide on your eligibility of On Spot Refund. We may decline my application for On spot tax refund and we are not obliged to disclose any reason. Eligibility and amount of On Spot refund is decided on case to case basis. You understand that everyone is not eligible for On spot refund.
- You understand that On Spot refund is only for limited amount (Max $1000). Balance amount will be deposited in your Bank account as eft/chq only after ATO releases your tax refund and eft/chq will take 2-3 days to clear.
- Responsibility lies with you for letting us know if you owe money with any of debt collection, ATO, other government agencies such as Centre link, child support agency.
- Client Obligation in case of “On Spot refunds”:
- Any Money received as “On Spot Refund” by you from Tax Agent (Xact Taxation Pty Ltd t/as Tax Refund on Spot ABN: 49 124 038 946) will be treated as an advance to you. This amount will be adjusted against your actual Tax Refund to be released by Tax Office later. You understand that once tax refund is issued by Tax Office, you will receive Balance Tax Refund after adjusting this advance and Tax Agents fees. If government agency takes part of your tax refund, then your actual refund will be lesser by that amount.
- If actual refund issued by Tax Office is less than expected refund, then Client will be liable to pay the short amount to Tax Agent (Xact Taxation Pty Ltd t/as Tax Refund on Spot ABN: 49 124 038 946) in 14 days of the Tax Office assessment. `“Short Amount” is Total of 3 elements – Advance paid to client, Tax Agent fees for preparing and lodging tax return and Tax Agent fees for “On the Spot Refunds” LESS Actual refund issued by Tax Office for client in Tax Agents Trust Account.
- If the outstanding amount is not received within the timeframe as mentioned in the Invoice, then your debt will be transferred to a debt collection agency whereas all fees incurred for collecting your outstanding debt by the debt collection agency will be collected from you.
- Procedure of Debt Assessment with 3 Government Agencies:
- Tax Office – You will be asked question on your debts with ATO. Tax Agent Portal will be checked for any debt owed to Tax Office. Also, phone calls may be made to Tax Office to confirm the debt.
- Centre link & Child Support Agency – You will be asked questions on your debts with Centre link / Child Support Agency and any payment plan you must pay off the debts. If you visit us personally, then phone call may be made to Centre link/ Child Support Agency to confirm the debt. If you are unable to visit us personally, then Conference call may be arranged with Centre link / Child Support Agency to verify your debts. Alternatively, debt assessment will be made on basis of information provided by you.
- You understand that even after assessments of debts, we do NOT guarantee and we CAN NOT confirm your debts with any of Government agencies – Tax Office, Centre link and CSA. Any government agency may take part/whole of your income tax refund and we are not responsible for that. Our internal assessment is ONLY for checking your eligibility of 1 Hour refund and nothing else.
Disputes & Jurisdiction – Both the parties agree that any dispute shall be referred to Blacktown Court (1 Kildare road, Black town NSW 2148)
Authorization to Lodge Income Tax Return
- I declare that I have received copy of my Income Tax Return, Terms & Conditions (4 Pages) and Refund Calculation Sheet(s). Refund Calculation sheet displays estimated refund claimed, Tax agent fees for lodging tax return, Tax Agent fees for “On the Spot refund”, amount paid to me as an advance and amount which will be paid to me in future once my refund is released by Tax Office. I have understood and accepted various figures as mentioned in Refund Calculation Sheet.
- I authorize my tax refund to be transferred to the Tax Agent Trust Account and I understand that I will be paid my tax refund after Tax Agent will deduct their fees and advance paid to me.
- I also declare that I am signing by my free will and I am not intoxicated and not signing under any pressure.
- I have read and I accept the above terms and conditions. I authorize Xact Taxation Pty Ltd (Registered Tax Agent no 78339009) to prepare and lodge my Income Tax Return for the year ending 30 June______________.